A: Decision to shave the head is taken upon the doctor’s decision after consultation and analysis.
A: Yes, if your flight arrives before 10:00am.
A: For procedures of over 1,500 hairs, we recommend you relax on the evening of your procedure and fly home the next day. If you have less than 1,500 hairs, then yes, you may fly home the same day.
A: We recommend you book a local hotel, room or apartment.
A: Not at all.
A: Yes, of course.
A: There is no bandaging, but we usually apply a material gauze to the donor area for 2-4hours, following the procedure.
A: Yes, you will be given antibiotics which will need to be taken for four days following the procedure.
A: For procedures up to 2,000 hair follicles, it is unlikely but for larger procedures there’s a possibility of swelling/edema in the forehead region for 3 days. As this is a minimally invasive procedure, a small percentage of patients experience swelling/edema following the procedure.
A: We advise you to do your research carefully first before you visit. Once you choose our treatment, we will ensure you are in safe hands from start to finish. Our first step is for us to analyse your medical reports involving cases such as high blood pressure, thoroughly before you begin your surgical procedure with us.
A: Do ensure you have completed the Health Questionnaire and returned it to us at least two weeks before the procedure.
Here are some essential tips to keep in mind before you begin your procedure with us. :
● One week before procedure: Eliminate the intake of Vitamin E or any other vitamin pill.
● 5 days before procedure: Avoid aspirins or any non-steroid anti-inflammatory medications.
● 3 days before procedure: Do not drink alcohol.
● 2 days before procedure:Stop using Minoxidil (you can resume application 7 days after the procedure).
● If you are taking any other medication including psychiatric or cardiological drugs, you should consult your physician before proceeding with the scheduled procedure.
●If you haven’t entered details of your health problems/high blood pressure/cardiological problems on your Health Questionnaire, then the clinic has the right to cancel your procedure on grounds of poor health. Cancellation fees will apply.
● If you are above 45 years ofage, a cardiology examination (electrocardiogram) is recommended before the scheduled operation.
● A full morning breakfast is advised if your procedure is scheduled for the morning, but please avoid coffee and tea.
●Wearing a buttoned-up shirt on the morning of your procedure is advised, not something that goes over your head.
● If you suffer from psoriasis, eczema or any skin condition, ensure it must be completely cleaned up prior to your condition or it will not be possible to carry out the procedure. If you haven’t advised the AlBorj Clinic of scalp or skin disorders in advance, it may cause the procedure to be cancelled on the morning of your treatment leading you to be liable to pay the procedure fee in full.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!